YES on Measure C Rally tonight!
Tuesday September 19th
7th Day Adventist Church
994 Beech St.
East Palo Alto
Please come and support this important initiative!
For more information call: 650-714-5259
Why is Measure C a Fair Proposal?
- It Funds Violence Prevention including: Programs for youths and seniors, job training, family counseling, parent education and support for ex- prisoners.
- It Provides funds to improve policing. This initiative works hand in hand with local law enforcement, but in a more 'preventive' manner.
- The funds are given to local non profits. Programs are chosen and overseen by 15 local community members. This funds the local groups who are working on the street, not creating more government programs. It does so in a way that provides the proper checks and balances on local groups to insure the funds are used correctly.
- It Exempts seniors form paying, protecting those who are on fixed incomes.
- It Protects renters from increased rents. This prevents landlords from passing on the costs directly to renters.
If you are an East Palo Alto voter, please support this measure. The few extra dollars in property taxes each year will go a long way toward making East Palo Alto a better community.
Loving the San Francisco Bay Area... Community development, urban ministry, trying to defeat poverty, faith, religion, politics, good music, the quest for the perfect pizza, the Yankees, motorcycles... All in a 'day's life'