Starting September 2007
TechMission assists organizations in using technology in urban ministry to help address injustice and develop at-risk communities. Starting this Fall, TechMission Corps' AmeriCorps program is offering one-year full-time paid internships serving in urban ministries in Boston, New York, Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles. The following are available:
After School Program Coordinator Positions
This AmeriCorps position will assist with a K-8th grade after school program based in a church or faith-based organization, serving through mentoring, providing basic technology activities, coordinating volunteers, and providing overall support.
Teen Program Coordinator Positions
This AmeriCorps position will assist with a teen program based in a church or faith-based organization, serving through tutoring, mentoring, college prep, assisting with web-based academic enrichment elements, conducting community & parent outreach, assisting with community and school partnerships, planning college visits and workshops as directed, coordinating volunteers, and providing overall support.
Volunteer Coordinator Positions
This AmeriCorps position will assist with volunteer and work-study student recruitment and coordination for programs based in churches and faith-based organizations. Duties may include recruiting and placing volunteers and work-study students at sites, assisting with monitoring, data tracking, and providing overall support in volunteer management. Members may assist in other program areas as needed.
Technology Coordinator Position
The Technology Coordinator position is a full time postition through AmeriCorps, which is responsible for supporting the technology needs of TechMission. Applicants should view this position as an internship to gain experience in technology in a nonprofit/ministry setting working in one of the largest organizations doing technology and ministry worldwide. Duties may include:
* Supporting technology activities at TechMission Corps sites across Boston
* Other technology activities as appropriate
Web Developer Intern Position (*VISTA)
The Web Developer Intern position is a full time postition through AmeriCorps*VISTA which is responsible for supporting the technology needs of TechMission. Applicants should view this position as an internship to gain experience in technology in a nonprofit/ministry setting working in one of the largest organizations doing technology and ministry worldwide. Duties may include:
* Updating and creating new webpages using Dreamweaver and/or Frontpage 2003
* Maintaining TechMission's website, online database and other online tools.
* Assisting with any other technology or administrative needs.
General Requirements and Qualifications
* Applicants for this program must be at least 18 years old
* must have a high school school degree or equivalent (GED)
* must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
* specific qualifications vary by position but generally applicants should have good people skills, ability to work with children, and have a desire to learn
* familiarity with Microsoft Word and the Internet desired
* applicants with experience working with Black and Latino communities or non-profit/community/faith-based organizations are strongly encouraged to apply
* accepted applicants must follow all federal and AmeriCorps guidelines with respect to faith during official AmeriCorps hours
* *VISTA postions will have some additional requirements
* A basic living stipend for the year of at least $11,100
* Health insurance
* At end of year, an educational award of $4,725 to pay off past student loans or future educational expenses
* Federal student loan deferment or forbearance
* Childcare, if eligible
* AmeriCorps benefits do not affect eligibility to continue receiving government assistance.
* Possible rental assistance
* *VISTA positions will have slightly different benefits
For more information on these and other opportunities
Call 617-282-9798 ext. 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org